Click play on the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts.
- Non ho capito. – I didn’t understand.
- Scusi/a, può / puoi ripetere per favore? – Excuse me, but can you repeat that please?
- Può / puoi ripetere per favore, ma più piano? – Can you repeat please but more slowly?
- C’e una parola che non ho capito. Cosa significa (pane)? – There’s a word I didn’t understand. What does (pane) mean?
- Cioè? – That is? Which means?
- Sono confuso/a. – I’m confused.
- Non ti seguo. – I’m not following (what you said).
- Mi sono perso/a. – I’m lost.
- Ho perso il filo (del discorso). – I lost the thread. (I lost my train of thought.)
- Che cosa intendevi/a? – What did you mean?
- Non mi viene (la parola). – The word isn’t coming to me
- Non mi viene in mente. – It doesn’t come to mind (a word or phrase doesn’t come to mind).
- Un attimo. Fammi pensare. – One moment. Let me think.
- Non mi ricordo come si dice… – I don’t remember how do you say… note: the verb, ricordare (ricordarsi) is reflexive).
- Come si dice “[jacket]” in Italiano? – How do you say “[foreign term]” in Italian? (Only if the other person knows the foreign language as well, of course.
- Ho dimenticato la parola! – I forgot the word.
- Devo pensare un secondo. – I need to think for a second.
- Aspetta un attimo. – Wait a second.
- Mi scordo. – I don’t remember (present tense).
Special thanks to The Creative Impostor Studios for producing this show, to Patreon supporters for helping fund the show, and to the lovely Timarie Harrison for putting all of the pieces together. It takes a village.
Did you know?
When you become a supporter of the podcast for a remaining 2-month commitment, you’ll get ALL of the bonuses below for $50 per month:
- Monthly PDF worksheet bundle
- Access to the bite-sized lesson archive
- Exclusive audio recordings and transcripts from a native Italian speaker
- Three completed chapters from my new Italian conversation textbook
- PHYSICAL Italian conversation card deck
- Forever gratitude from yours truly
To become a supporter of the podcast and get Patreon-exclusive bonuses, click here.
Like the podcast? Leave a review in Apple Podcasts!
If you like the podcast, I would appreciate it a TON if you left a review. You can hit a star rating in your Podcasts app on your iPhone or go to the iTunes store and click Leave a Review on the show page.