Click play on the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts.
“Full immersion is definitely a choice.”
For this episode, I had the pleasure of talking with Kevin Morehouse, founder of the blog languagehero.co where he helps language learners cultivate a good mindset for making meaningful progress in any target language.
He is a certified Italian teacher and speaks Italian, Spanish and French.
We discuss how to find motivation every day to learn Italian, how to maintain Italian at home and the ideal mindset that will push you forward in your Italian so you can reach conversational fluency.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– What his inspiration was to start learning Italian
– How moving to Italy changed everything for him
– How he made more immersive choices and used couch surfing to do language exchanges during his year in Italy
– What happened to his Italian after he left Italy
– How he used italki to continue improving his spoken Italian and knowledge of Italian grammar
– His suggestions to keep improving your Italian
– What he believes the ideal mindset is for an Italian student
– How to approach speaking even if you’re a beginner
– How you can improve from an intermediate to an advanced level
“If you’re going to make a serious jump, start talking to people as soon as possible.”
Connect with Kevin:
— His blog, languagehero.co
— His Twitter: @Kevin_Morehouse
Resources Kevin mentioned: