Click play on the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts.
“My hope is that by learning a new language, we can all see each other on a human level and not see stereotypes, that we can make new and exciting friendships and can learn more about other cultures and ways of life.”
Tom is the 22-year-old Italophile who runs the YouTube channel TomTxxytu where he makes videos teaching Italian to English speakers and English to Italian speakers. He’s run the channel for four years and was inspired to create videos to fill a void he saw in the Italian language learning Youtube market. Tom wanted people to be able to learn from someone teaching them like a friend in an informal way, and he wanted to create videos that delved deeper into the Italian language.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– Why Tom decided to learn Italian and what he believes made his language learning journey a little easier
– How he surrounded himself with Italian to pick up the language
– How he learned not to take negative YouTube comments personally
– What he finds to be the most (and least) helpful resources for learning Italian
– How he maintains his Italian
– His favorite Italian conversation
Connect with Tom:
– His YouTube channel