Click play on the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts.
“Language is so creative, and you have to pull the words you know and use them to communicate. Have the goal of communicating rather than spitting something out that’s perfect.”
After spending five years in Italy, Madeline decided to create a career around helping people enjoy the best bits of Italy.
While she did have a handful of personal advantages, her process to become fluent in Italian is unique & powerful. The advice she gives is full of useful linguistic principles boiled down into easy-to-understand strategies, and I promise it will change the way you approach learning vocabulary and phrases in Italian.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– Madeline’s experience living with a host family as a high school senior
– Which parts of the Italian culture she learned were rude & polite
– How she learned Italian quickly without studying before she arrived
– How she avoided Italians switching back to English when she spoke with them
– How she took “determination” to learn a language to the next level
– Which strategy is most effective for learning vocabulary and how you can start using it today