Click play on the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts.
“It’s been a very multifaceted journey full of twists and turns, and heartbreak and a lot of really random things happening.”
My experience with learning Italian, like many of yours, is full of ups and downs.
It includes classes at a community college high school from which I retained next to nothing, tumultuous relationships with Italian men and creating The Iceberg Project so that I could share my experiences and knowledge.
In this episode, I share how I learned Italian, how I got mixed up in the Italian culture, what I’m doing now to continue learning Italian and what I plan to do in the future to keep improving upon my Italian.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– How I got to Italy in the first place
– What attracted me to the Italian language
– How I prepared for my first trip to Italy
– How I learned Italian while I was in Italy
– Where the name of The Iceberg Project comes from
– What I did when I came back to Las Vegas and was no longer surrounded by Italian
– What the future holds for me and my relationship with the Italian language
My takeaways from my language learning process:
– Being dedicated and devoted to learning Italian
– Realizing the importance of repetition and testing myself
– Having to explain things to other people
– Having fun
– Having the support of all of you here at The Iceberg Project who are passionate and dedicated to learning Italian
– Being aware of what I need to improve on and being willing to invest the time and money to making those improvements
You can learn more about me here.
You can connect with me and other Italian learners here.