Click play on the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or listen to it on Stitcher or iTunes.
Similar to our episode on Springtime in Tuscany, we’re back with another episode for festivals in the beautiful month of May in Italy.
If you want to see the transcripts for our guest speakers Gabriele and Ilaria, go to the bottom of this post where you’ll find links to Melissa’s site with the transcripts.
- il torpore primaverile – spring fever
- staccare la spina – take a break (pull the plug)
- saltare la scuola – skip school
- Che bei ricordi! – What great memories!
- Gara delle Rane – Race of the Frogs
- Cantine Aperte – festival with vintage wine presented on the last weekend of May
- La Barabbata – the name of the traditional tradesmen that men dress up in on the shores of Lake Bolsena for a festival
- Festa dei Ceri – festival in Gubbio with candles and costumes, followed by the cross-bow exhibition
- Calendimaggio – festival all over Italy celebrating the allegory of the return of life and death
- Contrada – a faction of a city
- Sono questi i miei ricordi più vivi del calendimaggio. – These are my most vivid memories of Calendimaggio.
- Momenti semplici che riempiono il cuore di felicità e che ti fanno sentire pieno di vita, pieno di primavera – Simple moments that fill the heart with joy and make you feel full of life, full of spring
- Festeggiamo la Primavera – post on Calendimaggio on Melissa’s site
- Gabriele’s recording, transcript, and translation
- Ilaria’s recording, transcript, and translation
- Gabriele Criccolini’s blog
- Baci Perugina factory
Songs you heard
Other Due Ragazze Pazze Episodes
- Due Ragazze Pazze: 30 Phrases for Natale
- 32 Italian Valentine’s Vocabulary and Pick-Up Phrases [Due Ragazze Pazze]
- 29 Italian Phrases for Carnevale: Due Ragazze Pazze